Friday, January 14, 2011

Persistence should be rewarded….but isn’t always…

Yogurt guy asked me out again. Our last date was over a month ago. I was beautiful and charming and totally made him look good in front of his boss. When I hear from him now he ALWAYS mentions how everyone in his office loves me and still talks about me. I find this incredibly odd since HE only calls once a month, if that.

So he calls me and asks if I have plans for the evening and I do. I have plans with Scott. But I’m mildly irritated with him, so I briefly consider accepting Yogurt Guy, but then think better of it. I flirt with YG just a little and let him believe there’s still hope (I’m too smart to burn Man Bridges) and tell him maybe next time.

Today I heard from YG again. What!?!?!? That’s twice in less than a week. I’m SHOCKED! There must be something wrong with my phone. Or maybe it’s his phone? Or maybe he finally realized I’m the best there is and he’s lucky I answer his sorry butt’s sporadic calls at all???? Nah….the planets must have realigned or the earth has begun spinning the opposite direction. I vaguely remember seeing something like that in Weekly World News. The moon and the tides are off, so gravity…blah blah blah….earth’s axis…blah blah blah….right next to an update on Bat Boy. So I’m already a little light headed at all this attention from YG and he goes ahead and does the UNTHINKABLE. He offers to help me move!!!!

I KNOW!!!! I’ve seen desperation before, but never in the form of heavy lifting/hard core manual labor!!! Does this mean I’ve gotten hotter??? (Probably true…my hotness increases daily) Or perhaps he’s noticed pictures of me and Scott on FB??? (Probably also true) Either way my stock just went WAY UP.

I wonder if YG thinks all this persistence will pay off. That I’ll just give in and decide his recent attention somehow compensates for him being a moron. And a balding moron at that. Doubtful. Very doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment