Thursday, December 30, 2010

From the Mouths of Babies

Yesterday while I was getting ready for a date (with NEW man Scott) my friend's toddler told me she knew what happened on dates. I laughed and asked her what happens. She got a little red, and shy and said, "I don't wanna tell you." I explained to her that I have no idea what happens on dates and since I was about to go on one I needed her help and would she please tell me. So she finally told me, "Boys lay on top of girls on dates." LOL Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard. Then I explained that that's NOT what happens on dates. But that on dates you go see movies, and shows, and eat dinner and talk. Later on my date I told Scott what she had said and all he had to say was, "Very perceptive for a 4 year old." LOL
At the end of the date we were sitting in my driveway kissing good night and in one swift movement he had reached over and behind me to pull the leaver on my car seat and lay it flat back. He was trying to get hot and heavy and all I could think of was that little 4 yrd old voice in the back of my head saying, "Boys lay on top of girls on dates." I lost it. I started cracking up. Probably not the reaction he is used to getting when he kisses a girl, but I couldn't help it.
I wonder how many times he's used that move to lay the seat down so quickly.....hmmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Lynne~

    What is this toddler being subjected to that she thinks that's what happens on dates??! How embarassing for her parents!

    ReplyDelete