Saturday, November 20, 2010

Duble D

DD was a special brand. We hit it off right away. Within 3 dates I'd met his family (including his kids and parents) and he'd met mine. I was smitten in every way possible. He is cute. He surfs. He's got a decent job and good education. He has a good family. He's a good LDS boy who still tells mission stories like he just got home, even though it's been 9 yrs. His ex-wife left him after 6 yrs of marriage and 2 kids and I just couldn't understand what was wrong with her. What an idiot. He was perfect. I was quickly falling for DD, and had already fallen for his kids.
And then it went down hill. I'd found out about several lies he'd told me and called him out on them. He only came clean and apologized AFTER he'd been caught. I gave him more chances. But it turns out I wasn't the only girl he was lying to. He was dating several girls at once and lying to all of us in attempt to keep it secret. DD is fresh out of a divorce and clearly not over it yet. He's still going through his "date everything with legs" phase. I'm not interested in being one of the girls he uses to get over his ex/divorce so I asked him not to call me anymore. It was so hard....I really liked him. But I can't trust him, and CLEARLY he's not ready for any kind of commitment or anything serious. So ends my fauxlationship with DD. Maybe in 6 months I'll call him just to feel things out. If he's grown up and moved on I might give him a 24th chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment