Monday, November 22, 2010

Sweet Spirit

Recently I visited the Las Vegas Mid-Singles ward. Don't panic!!! I'm not actually old enough to be there yet (whew!) but since I prefer my men a little older I didn't think it would hurt to check it out. What I saw there HORRIFIED me, and it had NOTHING to do with the men.

Dear Sweet Spirit,

You know who you are. Sitting in the front row of Sunday School all by yourself. KNITTING. Yes, knitting. Sweet Spirit, I have no doubt in my mind you are a wonderful, beautiful woman, on the inside...but GIRL!!! You are not doing yourself any favors by looking like someones grandmother in church! We have been commanded to multiply and replenish the earth, and in order to do so we have to get married. But The Lord doesn't just hand us things. We have to work for them. You are NOT helping yourself fulfill this commandment by knitting in Sunday School. No man of ANY age is going to see you there sitting in your frumpiness's, KNITTING, and think to himself, "that girl looks like a lot of fun. I should ask her out." IT'S JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Put your scarf/afghan/socks/whatever down and sit with someone you don't know! Make a new friend. Make yourself approachable! Even if someone DID want to talk to you, your body language is scaring them away because CLEARLY you are too busy to interact with anyone but your knitting needles!

If you're still confused please look around you. Notice the difference between you and everyone else. No one is knitting in church. Save this activity for home. Preferably in the dark, so no one knows you do it.

If you have any other questions PLEASE ask somebody.

Sincerely,
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lynne, I love you so much! I believe that together we could host a "How NOT to Attract a Man" seminar, lol.

    ReplyDelete